i) “The Company” shall mean FastPark Limited. Registered office: 1st Floor, 4 Longwalk Road, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, England, UB11 1FE.
ii) The Customer – The person named in the booking documents
iii) The Compound – The company’s premises, or any new or temporary premises that they may use from time to time.
iv) The Driver – the company representative who is responsible for meeting the customer when they arrive and depart the airport and driving their vehicle to the compound.
v) The vehicle shall mean the vehicle which is received into the compound and shall include any large, small or standard car, 4×4, MPV, or any other mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.
2. Basis of contract A Contract shall only exist where the Customer has received a written acknowledgement of the booking from the Company and where proper payment has been made for such.
3. Security The Company makes strenuous efforts to ensure that the Compound is secure and that the Customer’s Vehicle is driven safely to and from the airport and between sites. However, the Company cannot guarantee the Customer’s belongings, or personal safety.
4. The company’s liability The Company is not responsible for ascertaining either the physical or mechanical condition of the customer’s vehicles. Should an accident occur on the public highway when driven by a company employee it will be handled by the Company insurers. All vehicles parked on the owner’s insurance. All vehicles are received unchecked. The company is not responsible for ascertaining either the physical or mechanical condition of the customer’s vehicle.
The Company, its employees and agents:
i) will accept liability in respect of any loss or theft of or from or mis-delivery of or temporary failure to deliver or damage to the Customer’s Vehicle or its contents that may arise only where the same is proved and to the extent that it is proved to be caused by the Company’s negligence, wilful act or default or breach of statutory duty and only if the loss or damage is reported before the vehicle is driven away from the airport by the Customer.
ii) Will accept liability for defects to a Customer’s vehicle, which render the vehicle unusable where the same is proved and to the extent that it is proved to be caused by the Company’s negligence. The company will provide a temporary vehicle up to, but not exceeding, a small people carrier, equivalent to a Audi A4 type vehicle, provided the customer is able to arrange fully comprehensive insurance cover for the temporary replacement vehicle, for the period that the replacement vehicle is in the customer’s custody and until returned to the company.
iii) In the event that the Company accepts liability for defects to a customer’s vehicle, the Company will arrange for the remedial work to be carried out by the companies chosen repairer. The work will be carried out during future valet bookings or alternatively the customer must arrange to drop and collect the vehicle from London Heathrow Airport or the companies compound.
iv) Cannot accept liability for damage to vehicles or other property arising from acts of nature at the Compound(s). The Company will not accept liability for damaged windscreens or other glass, other than where the damage is proved to be caused by the Company’s negligence.
v) Does not accept responsibility for any mechanical or electrical failure to Vehicles whilst in its custody. Nor will the Company accept responsibility for punctured tyres, only where it is proved to be caused by their negligence, wilful default or statutory duty.
vi) Will accept liability in respect of the death or personal injury or loss or damage to personal belongings sustained by the Customer only where the same is proved and to the extent that it is proved to be caused by the Company’s negligence, wilful default or breach of statutory duty.
vii) Due to time constraints, low lighting in car parks and / or poor visibility due to weather or vehicle condition, all marks and scratches to the entire vehicle exterior may not be marked, subsequently the company does not accept any liability with respect to marks or scratches not marked upon collection of the vehicle. The vehicle will be checked thoroughly when entering our compound at which point any marks or scratches not visible at collection will be marked.
5. Complaints Procedures Claims cannot be considered by the Company once the Vehicle has left the airport, having been returned to the Customer by Company driver. The Customer must check the vehicle before leaving the airport. Should the vehicle or its contents have suffered damage or loss whilst in the care of the Company, the Customer must immediately inform the Driver of the occurrence. In cases of theft, the Customer must inform the Police immediately and notify their insurers. Before handing the Vehicle over, the Customer should make sure that all the windows are securely closed and that nothing of value is left in the Vehicle. The Company cannot accept responsibility for loss of valuable items left in the Vehicle.
6. Time of Arrival Customers are asked to allow sufficient time for their journey to arrive at the airport in time to meet the Driver. The Driver will wait for 15 minutes after the agreed meeting time unless informed otherwise by telephone.
7. Charges The Customer agrees to pay the Company promptly all charges due and accruing to the Company. Every person who enters into a contract with the Company for parking of a Vehicle does so on behalf of themselves and all other persons having any proprietary, possessory or other financial or material interest in the Vehicle.
The Company reserves the right to change prices whether or not it gives notice of its intention to do so. Refunds are only available up to 48 hours prior to arrival and will incur a £10 cancellation fee. No refund will be applicable in the case of “No Shows” or early returns
8. General The Vehicle left with the Company must be in a roadworthy condition, be taxed and hold a current MOT certificate, if applicable. The Company reserves the right to move the Vehicle within or outside the Compound, driving to such an extent as the Company finds necessary for efficient arrangement of its parking facilities at the compound. The Customer agrees that it will be necessary in the exercise of the rights conferred upon the Company under this condition for the Driver to have the right to drive or otherwise take the vehicle on the public highway.
Variation of the terms and conditions
No person has any authority to vary or alter these Terms and Conditions unless such variation is in writing under the hand of the Company Secretary or a Director of the Company.